March 2019 board meeting highlights:
- We enjoyed meeting new and returning homeowners to our March board meeting. We thank those who take time to find out what their association is doing and giving us input on a number of topics. Please remember that all homeowners are welcome to our monthly board meetings. We make every effort to hold our meetings on the same week during the month, same time and same location. We don’t like to keep our homeowners guessing when and where our meetings are.
- Homeowners were reminded again that by giving our property manager, Kathy Dooley, their email, we provide friendly reminders of when assessments are due should they not receive theirs. This helps the homeowner who forget or has ‘filed’ their assessment to not incur additional expenses on collection costs. Please provide your contact information to Kathy Dooley, Office: 281-480-2563 Email: Kathy@CMSIsolutions.com. Assessments are due the same time every year – July 1 and January 1 even if you don’t receive the actual bill. We are not responsible for post office delays or losses. Your bill is still due. Friendly reminders are great. We also do not sell or use your email address to spam you with unsolicited mailings.
- The board ratified an email vote on the fountain for the Southwyck Sunset Park end of the lake. This should help with the algae growth besides offering a wonderful addition to the lake view.
- Electrical work for the new fountain should take place the week of 3/11/2019, weather permitting.
- The Southglen and Emerald Pointe wooden perameter fence repairs and re-staining has been completed.
- The new Southglen signage is still at the City of Pearland permitting office. As soon as we have pasted this hurdle the signs will be created. Once the sign is completed and installed the remainder of the new plantings will take place.
- The drinking water fountain we had selected for the Southwyck Lake Park is no longer available so we are sourcing another company and product.
- The Southwyck Lake Park wooden gates on the pump and electrical area have been replaced with heavy duty hinges.
- The board is looking for an additional event to do at the Southwyck Lake Park. If you have ideas, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Some suggestions were another movie night or a picnic in the park with a band in the spring.
- The board continues to look at companies and material for the replacement of the fence at Southfield Village. The expense for repairs will be significant and have to be done in a number of stages because of that.
Several of the Southwyck CAI board will be doing their annual visit with the Silverlake board and talking about cost sharing of the lake expenses.
- The April newsletter has begun to be put together and board members were encouraged to help provide ideas on topics as well as homeowners. If you have an idea for an article, please send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The board will review and have last say in any articles for the newsletter.
- There are several trees on Morgan and Northfork that look to be dead or dying. Kathy is to start identifying those trees and scheduling for removal towards the end of April or 1st of May.
NEW (09/2019) Southwyck CAI Policy Regarding Perimeter Fencing - September, 2018 ~~ Click here ~~
*** MANAGEMENT COMPANY ***
As of May 1st, 2016, Community Management Solutions, Inc. (CMSI) has been hired as our new management company. You may possibly remember, CMSI was our managing company from years past. Kathy Dooley is our manager and owner of CMSI. Letters of introduction have been sent to each household with a contact form for you to fill out. Please take the time to give us information on how we can contact you. Please make sure, if you do online banking and pay your Southwyck CAI assessments through your bank, that you update the mailing address to:
Southwyck Community Assoc.
2615 Bay Area Boulevard
Houston, TX 77058
GARBAGE PICKUP HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
Waste Management observes six holidays a year:
New Year’s Day
If garbage collection day falls on one of these days, service will resume on the next regularly scheduled day. If recycling or yard trimmings pickup falls on one of these days, these services will skip that week and resume the following week.
Please review this
diagram. Make sure you contact the right entity for any questions or concerns
you may have. Going
to the wrong entity only
delays your finding a