This site is better displayed on a PC.
August 2021 Meeting Highlights
- REMINDER: If you provide our property manager with your email address, you will receive friendly reminders of when monthly board meetings are, a reminder when assessments are due, when our quarterly newsletter is available, and any urgent concerns to be aware of.
- REMINDER: monthly Zoom meeting details are always up on our website should you not be able to find your e-blast with that information in it.
- REMINDER: July assessments are late. Check out our website, www.SouthwyckTexas.com for details on how to pay your assessment.
- Thanks again to the homeowners who took the time to attend our monthly board meeting and learn what the association is working on. We are a friendly board willing to listen to homeowners and pass along information that helps make all our lives better.
- We started the meeting with a presentation from Jennifer Evans with Signature Companies and Doak Brown with The Brown Stone Group on a development planned for next to Emerald Pointe on Magnolia and 1128. On the north side, a five-story, 300 unit class-A apartment complex will be built. Units will rent for between $1300 - $2000/month. Units will be predominately 1 & 2 bedroom units; however, there will be 24 3 bedroom units. A retention area will be on the west side of the north parcel. The property will have a fence surrounding the backside. Across the road, on the south side of Magnolia, will be retail. We have created a page on our website for this new development and will place any further information we discover there. Jennifer Evans said she would update Kathy Dooley, our property manager, on any workshops with city council. Drawings have been added to the new page, under NEW LAND DEVELOPMENT.
- We heard from several homeowners about section board issues. We directed them to attend their Section’s monthly board meetings and to sign up for e-blasts so that they know when their monthly board meeting will take place.
- July minutes were approved as well as June financials.
The board approved a back-to-school event at Southwyck Lake Park for August 15 from 4 pm to 8 pm to promote student-led organizations & middle & high school vendors (handmade crafts and clothing). They will be collecting clothing for donations to Pearland ISD swap shop. Approximately 50-70 people are expected.
- We had our approved vendor for staining fencing in Southglen & Emerald Pointe withdraw their bid. We will need to select a new vendor.
- We are still working on getting a survey of Southwyck Lake Park. We have learned that we will need an extensive survey done and not just a property survey.
- We continue to locate a company to work with us on plant replacements. Many vendors appear to be extremely busy.
- We reviewed some of the wall systems for the replacement of the fencing in Southfield Village. We have requested that Kathy contact vendors to evaluate the existing fences from & back, and provide quotes to repoint and replace wood, and give it a good cleaning.
- Repairs to Lakecrest Estates should begin shortly now that most of the large equipment is off Morgan road.
- The board has decided to cancel the Movie in the park tentatively scheduled for October because Covid-19 cases are rising.
- We will continue with the Halloween & Christmas decorating contest. Information will be posted on our website as we get closer to the event.
- We are starting to create the September newsletter. If you have anything you think would be interesting for the newsletter, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before September 15.
- Chemicals were added to Southwyck Lake Park to help with the red algae outbreak.
- Sunset Park fountain down. The vendor has been contacted and will send their technician out to investigate.
06/2021 - WE HAVE UPDATED OUR LEGAL PAGE
Email: kathy@CMSIsolutions.com Mention you are with the Southwyck Association.
NEW (09/2018) Southwyck CAI Policy Regarding Perimeter Fencing - September, 2018 ~~ Click here ~~
GARBAGE PICKUP HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
Waste Management observes six holidays a year:
New Year’s Day
If garbage collection day falls on one of these days, service will resume on the next regularly scheduled day. If recycling or yard trimmings pickup falls on one of these days, these services will skip that week and resume the following week.
Please review this
diagram. Make sure you contact the right entity for any questions or concerns
you may have. Going
to the wrong entity only
delays your finding a