This site is better displayed on a PC.
October 2019 board meeting highlights:
- The board approved the 2020 budget which will be presented at our annual meeting. The board approved the creation of a new budget item – Professional Fees.
- Tree maintenance should take place towards the end of October barring any weather delays. 3 trees are to be removed that are dead or dying.
- Cullen & Fite fences ar in the process of being repaired with some areas completed.
- Our electrician told us that the power outage at Southwyck Lake Park was a CenterPoint service issue and CenterPoint is working on restoring electrical. This mostly affects the fountain and some pole lights.
- Southwyck Section 1 was the only section to host an event for National Night Out and they had a great turn out! We appreciate the effort that the Section 1 board and their management company took to put this event once again which they have been hosting for many years. Southwyck CAI invited all sections to participate and offered a $250 donation to help offset the cost.
- We reviewed the preparations for the Southwyck Market & Movie event on Saturday, November 9. The market will be from 3:00 to 6:00 PM and the movie, UP!, will start at 6:30 PM. We invite ALL to attend even if they don’t live in the Southwyck area. If you would like to be one of our vendor’s for this event, please check out our website for the application form and details by going to http://www.southwycktexas.com/fall-market---movie.html. The event’s giving campaign will be for Forgotten Angels and a list of supplies they are asking for is available at our website under the Fall Market & Movie page (link above). Click on the red buttons to see the information which can be downloaded and/or printed. We hope to see you there!
- We will also be having a raffle for those entering and staying for the movie. The raffle will take place immediately at the end of the movie. Music will be playing during the market hours. For those making a donation to Forgotten Angels, you get 2 tickets. We will also be taking monetary donations for the Forgotten Angels supplies if that works better for you to participate in the giving campaign. You’ll get 2 raffle tickets for that as well. We’ll be posting more information as the event approaches on gifts. Share this invite with your friends and family members. It’s F R E E! Food trucks will be on-site as well. We’ll know more about them as we get closer to the event date.
NEW (09/2018) Southwyck CAI Policy Regarding Perimeter Fencing - September, 2018 ~~ Click here ~~
GARBAGE PICKUP HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
Waste Management observes six holidays a year:
New Year’s Day
If garbage collection day falls on one of these days, service will resume on the next regularly scheduled day. If recycling or yard trimmings pickup falls on one of these days, these services will skip that week and resume the following week.
Please review this
diagram. Make sure you contact the right entity for any questions or concerns
you may have. Going
to the wrong entity only
delays your finding a