HALLOWEEN HOLIDAY CONTEST INFORMATION & RULE
Be creative, be festive and celebrate with us! Southwyck CAI will be hosting two holiday decorating contests. One for Halloween and another for Christmas. The contests are open to all residents of Southwyck CAI, and prizes will be awarded. Start thinking about and planning your displays now. Follow our website, www.SouthwyckTexas.com, and go to the HOLIDAY CONTEST page starting September 1 for more information. We will also post on our Southwyck Community Assoc., Inc Facebook page and Nextdoor. Dazzle us with your creativity. Rules & instructions will also be posted on our website and Facebook page.
SIGNUP by emailing us at directors@southwyckTexas.com with your:
We will send you a confirmation email so you know we received your email entry.
RULES & INSTRUCTIONS
1. Participation is open to all residents within Southwyck CAI.
2. Entry is free; no cost or fees apply.
3. Board members or their families are not eligible to win prizes but are encouraged to participate.
4. Entry deadline is Wed., Oct. 13 @ 5:00 pm. You have to have emailed directors@SouthwyckTexas.comwith your name, address, email address & phone number.
5. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows visible from the street. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
6. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged. Corner lots will be judged from both streets). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards or behind structures.
7. Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Southwyck CAI website and/or Facebook page and newsletter. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
8. Judging criteria will include:
- Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations;
- Storyline or theme;
- Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.; and
- Overall presentation.
9. Judging will be done from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm on Sat., Oct. 16. Depending on the number of entries, judging may continue from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm on Sat., Oct. 23. All judging will be completed no later than 9:00 pm on Sat., Oct. 23.
10. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations, and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on both nights.
11. Two prizes will be awarded - One 1st prize - gift card of $50 & One 2nd prize - gift card of $25.
12. Winners will be announced on our website’s HOLIDAY CONTEST page, Facebook page and by phone & email.